The perceived sweetness can be increased to the level of sucrose in some Dextrose/Sucrose blends. Dextrose has a greater depression of freezing point than that of cane sugar, resulting in a smoother and creamier texture of the final product like in frozen food products. The bulk density of DMH is 0.65 to 0.70 kg/cc.
- Food Grade:Dextrose Monohydrate is purified and crystallized D-glucose. It contains one molecule of water of crystallization. It exists in white, odorless, crystalline granules having a bland and sweet taste.
- Bakery Products:DMH has several functional purposes in yeast-raised foods, such as Bread and Buns. The primary purpose is to supply fermentable carbohydrate, on which the yeast may grow and provide CO2 for ‘raising’ the product. Its presence also assists in browning of the crust to give a final product that is pleasing in appearance and aroma.
- Biscuits:DMH can partially replace sucrose in fondants and cream fillings where fine crystals are required for a smooth texture.
- Alcoholic Beverages:DMH has high fermenting ability and can be added to low calorie beer for complete fermentation of alcohol. No carbohydrate residue remains to increase the calories in the beverages.
- Canned Products:DMH is used in canned vegetables and fruits in some instances for controlling sweetness and preserving properties.
- Confectionaries:DMH is used extensively for sweetening and coating, chewing gum and bubble gum. DMH improves the color and gloss of the gum coatings and its high heat of solution gives a cool texture in all gum and candy coating applications.DMH contributes to the tenderness; whip ability, and sweetness in marshmallow
and nougat applications.
- Meat Industry:The presence of sugar (particularly reducing sugar) in the curing mixture has a direct bearing on the quality of the color obtained at the end of cure.
- Frozen Desserts:DMH can help control ice crystals and body of frozen dairy products.
- Other Applications:Jams, Jellies, Preservatives, Peanut Butter, Seasoning, Pickle, Vinegar Fermentation, etc.
- Adhesives:DMH provides flow control and helps prevent wrapping of the pieces upon drying.
- Resin Formulation:DMH can serve as plasticizer in various resin formulations.
- Gluconic Acid:DMH can serve as feedstock for chemical or microbiological oxidation to gluconic acid.
- Building Materials:DMH can be used in wallboard as a humectant to control water release and to prevent brittle edges during drying, as setting retardants in concrete.
- Other Applications:The Reducing Properties of dextrose are used in metal treatment, recovery, dye applications, leather manufacture in chrome tanning, etc. DMH is used as carbohydrate sources in fermentations to produce a variety of industrial, food and pharmaceutical products.
|Physical Description||White crystalline powder odourless and sweet in taste.|
|Moisture at 105° C||7.5 to 9.5%|
|Sulphated Ash||0.1% Max|
|Acidity for 5gms (Max)||0.125 ml of 0.1 N NaOH|
|SO2 ppm (Max)||70|
|Specific rotation 10% w/v at 25° C||+ 52.5° to 53°|
|Arsenic ppm (Max)||1.0|
|Copper ppm (Max)||2.0|
|Lead ppm (Max)||0.5|
|Heavy metals ppm (Max)||5|
|Chlorides and sulphate||Passed the test|
|Dextrins and less soluble sugars||Passed the test|
|Bulk density||0.65 to 0.70|
In 25/50 Kg HDPE bags with inner liner of LDPE Heat Sealed